Sports Reserves, Parks, Trails
We understand the increasing demand made on our parks and reserves and the interests that compete for a piece of this public open space.
We appreciate the scope of open space areas such as foreshores, bushland areas, waterways, parks, botanical gardens, playgrounds, trails and sport and recreation reserves for which local government has a management and / or planning responsibility.
Planning for open space must consider a range of social, environmental and operational requirements. There is often the expectation that it will provide for demands associated with changing lifestyles, changing demographic and building development trends, and changing community expectations relating to natural environments.
More recently we have become involved in the planning and design of Dog Parks.
For many of our projects we work as part of a collaborative team that responds to the specific requirements of the project.
The following provides an overview of the range of open space planning projects we have completed.
Reserve and Site Master Plans
- Sunbury Park Master Plan, City of Hume
- Wembley Park / Sparks Reserve Precinct Master Plan, City of Whitehorse
- Craigieburn Dog Park Master Plan and Management Plan, City of Hume
- Diamond Creek Dog Park Master Plan and Management Plan, Nillumbik Council
- Mildura Rural City Council:
- Cardross Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Henshilwood (Irymple) Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Johansen (Lake Cullulleraine) Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Kenny Park (Merbein) Master Plan
- Chaffey Park (Merbein South) Master Plan
- Murrayville Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Nangiloc Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Nichols Point Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Ouyen Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Quandong (Red Cliffs) Park Master Plan
- Underbool Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Walpeup Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Old Aero Sports Complex Hockey Pitch Concept Plan, Mildura Council
- Thomas Street Sporting Precinct Master Plan, Bayside Council
- Pyramid Hill Swimming Pool, Caravan Park and Tennis Precinct Feasibility Strategy and Master Plan, Loddon Council
- MacPherson Park Master Plan, Melton Council – as part of the Edaw / Aecom team
- MacPherson Park Equestrian Centre Master Plan, Melton Council - in conjunction with Edaw / Aecom team
- Keilor Park Master Plan, Brimbank Council – in conjunction with Edaw / Aecom team
Other Open Space Projects
- Walking and Cycling Strategy, Monash Council
- Walking and Cycling Strategy (writing/editing), Hume Council
- Mornington Dog Park Design, Mornington Peninsula Council
- Review of Dog Off-leash Areas, Bayside Council
- Newbridge Recreation Reserve Management Plan Loddon Council
- Hastings Trails Strategy, Mornington Peninsula Council - as part of the Edaw / Aecom team
- Mornington Peninsula Open Space Strategy - in conjunction with Edaw / Aecom
- Mornington Peninsula Trail Strategy - as part of the Edaw / Aecom team
Helpful Reference Documents
Linking People and Spaces: A Strategy for Melbourne’s open space network (Parks Victoria, 2002)
The Good Play Space Guide: I Can Play Too (DPCD / PRAV, 2008)
Victoria's Trails Strategy 2014-2024 - www.dse.vic.gov.au
Paws4Play – www.paws4play.com.au